High Country Horse Riding | Mansfield & Merrijig
Tru-Blu Trails is committed to providing our guests with a memorable trail ride along with a true bush experience. Some of the features of riding with us include:
- Group sizes are limited to a maximum of 12 riders. This allows us to get to know all of our guests very well and provide personalized assistance so you get the most out of your horse riding experience. Smaller groups also mean our guests all get to know each other and form new friendships.
- Direct access to the bush. From the moment you leave our back gate, you will find yourself on mountain trails in the heart of the forest.
- Kick back and relax with our Outdoor Cinema. Grab some popcorn and enjoy a movie at dusk in the middle of the high country!! Why?? … Because we can!!
- Ride costs are all inclusive. Everything you need for your high country adventure is included in the price. From comfortable swags right down to traditional oilskin coats, there’s no extra costs for gear hire
- Camp Comfort. Just because you’re in the bush doesn’t mean you need to go without. Everybody loves our Tru-Blu camp roasts, hot showers, top quality swags, BIG campfires and full breakfast.
- Special Offers. Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about our special deals. We can also do great pricing on group bookings/custom private rides.
Check out our Ride Descriptions to find a package that suits the high country adventure you seek.
(Or Contact Us to organize a private group ride booking)
PLEASE NOTE: Private group bookings require a minimum of 6 riders (please contact us for details). You can choose from any of our standard ride options or have us tailor a ride to suit your needs. Private group bookings are offered for 2 Hour rides right up to 6 Day adventures. Rides greater than 2 Days are subject to schedule availability and are typically held mid week. If you are looking to book a private multi-day ride including a weekend, please contact us well in advance of your preferred ride date so we can incorporate it into our season ride schedule.
Tru-Blu Trails is headed up by our trail boss Corey Ludeman along with his partner Meg. Corey has been involved with running and organizing trail rides all around Victoria for over 20 years, ranging from large groups with A.T.H.R.A (Australian Trail Horse Riders Association) to smaller private groups & trail riding clubs. He is an accredited A.T.H.R.A guide and certified with HSA (Horse Safety Australia) so can offer you all of the support you need to safely enjoy your horse riding experience.
After many years of taking private groups on 5-10 day tours of the Victorian High Country, we have settled ourselves in the gateway to The Man From Snowy River Country – Merrijig – and are now offering our rides to the public. Riding out from our 140 acre property, you will enjoy direct access into the state forest with Mt Timbertop just outside our back gate along with the same trails and backdrops made famous in The Man From Snowy River movie.
Come and enjoy a 2 hour ride right through to an 8 day Mountain Safari. We can cater for the complete novice rider all the way up to the most experienced riders who want an extreme adventure. Our speciality is overnight and multi-day rides where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the serenity of the high country …. or if you love horses you may like to get hands on and assist with looking after your trusty steed throughout your adventure to experience the magic of the bond between horse and rider.
We also incorporate mini horsemanship clinics on some of our rides for those who want to take their horse knowledge to the next level. The choice of experience is totally yours! Check out our ride descriptions to find a package that suits the high country adventure you seek, or contact us to have a chat about organising a custom ride and for our deals on group bookings.